Subject: [Leica] Re:lightest possible travelling outfit
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:19:27 +0800

Hello Luggers
I am setting off on another of my business trips - this time to Toronto,
Chicago, Calgary, Saskatoon, Vancouver and then back home to Hong Kong. I
have packing and unpacking my Domke 803 to see how much outfit I can fit in
and I have decided to take the following: Minolta CLE, 28 Voigtlander
Ultron F1.9, 40mm Summicron, 75mm Heliar F2.5 with a Voigtlander 75mm 1:1
viewfinder and the CLE dedicated TTL flash. The 28 with hood is the same
height as the 75 with hood and, of course, of bigger diameter and the 40 is
nearly a pancake lens it is so stubby. I could take the Leica M6HM, or the
Hexar RF but both are much heavier than the CLE. The Bessa R is an
alternate light body but that would not provide aperture-preferred
automation like the CLE. I guess we will all have to wait a while longer
for Mr. Kobayashi and the engineers at Cosina to whip up a Bessa A with
aperture preferred programming. I am sure the idea is in the pipeline. I am
looking forward to being able to haul the Domke around for hours upon hours
and not run into bag weight fatigue - and I think the quality of the
images, at least in terms of what these lenses can produce, will be pretty
good also.
Topic switch: which camera stores should I visit in Chicago - I always go
to Central Camera Company on Wabash  - but there must be others.
Thanks
Howard.

Replies: Reply from "Creature's Comfort" <creatures.comfort@e-vet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re:lightest possible travelling outfit)
Reply from "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> ([Leica] Re:lightest possible travelling outfit)