Subject: Re: [Leica] A new VF magnifier?
From: "" <tdschofield@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:10:31 -0700

Let's do the math.  If its 1.25x, it will turn a .85 into a 1.0625, a 0.72
into a 0.9, and a .58 into a .725.  Gee, those match Erwin's numbers!

Now, wouldn't those $9.99 1.25 reading glasses do the same?

Thinking about it some more, if I use an eyepiece correction lens with
negative correction (lowering magnification), or wear contact lenses or
glasses with a negative correction, am I losing focusing accuracy?  Of
course, seing the split images more clearly should help more than one would
lose because of the lower magnification!  I guess you want the highest
magnification correction lens you can focus comfortably on.  How do you
determine this?  Maybe this is why they say to use correction lenses .5 from
the true correction.

I digress.

Tom Schofield