Subject: Re: [Leica] First version of "King of the Night"
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:10:19 -0700

Hi Victor,

I think it's too close so you have to visually interpolate. I couldn't find a
reference on this though but it would make sense.

The series as I see it:
f/4.0 mark, then a unmarked index for f/2.8. The next index should be engraved
2, (for f2/0) but there isn't room for the engraved digit. Then comes the f/1.0
mark, but no intervening unmarked index for f/1.4 (because there isn't even room
for the index mark!) so you must interpolate for where the f/1.4 index would be.

Not much dof at those apertures!

Dennis