Subject: RE: [Leica] Omega D 2 Enlarger & Polaroid MP 3
From: Akhil Lal <alal@duke.poly.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:36:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Everyone,

Will reply to everyone  privately in a little while. The deadline is
tonight, so I must work fast.

Thanks for all the replies on the MP 3 & D 2.

I had a close look at the D2 and the head seems to be a bit tight on the
column - it does not slide up and down easily.Is it easy to lubricate the
tapes ? There is also no crank to move the head on the column. Wonder if
there ever was one.

I checked the head again, and I was wrong about the light source. There is
a seperate power supply marked "Aristo"  with two sets of AC cords coming
out of the lamphousing. What is the second one for ?

Also found another Omega, this one marked D. It has a crank to move the
lamp housing up and down, and the rear of the column has teeth to mesh
with the crank.

If I can only save one, which one would you recommend ?

Thanks again for all your help.

regards,
Akhil
akhil.lal@bcc.cuny.edu