Subject: [none]
From: Andrea Cucina <CucinaA@missouri.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:22:01 -0500

Dear Leica users,

I joined this group yesterday, and have already found a lot of interesting
info on the Leica world.
I have just become a Leicaist after my wife and I inherited from her (late)
father a bunch of Leica stuff.
So I decided to switch from my Nikon system to Leica (R series).
I have some questions to ask, hoping some of you can help me solve or just
give me some hints on my problems.
	The first one is that we have so many R lenses that we need to sell some
of them.  They are practically brand-new, for my wife's father was a
estimator and would have almost never used them.
Trading them in any shop would mean underselling them, and that's something
we don't want to do, at least because of her father's memory and in respect
to him.  In this moment I have with me in Missouri a 50mm 1.4, a 100 2.8
macro (E60) plus 1:1 converter for E60, and the 500 f/8 mirror lens (all
are Leica and new).  Plus I have a Sigma 21-35 for Leica and a Tamron
35-105 2.8 Leica mount (please don't be horrified).  Other stuff like a
Leica 80mm 1.4, a Leica 90mm 2.8, and a Leica 280mm 2.8 (with metal Box)
are currently in my parents-in-law house in Germany.  How much can the 500
mirror worth?
	My second problem is the Leica body R4 mot electronic (ser.# 153****)
whose metering system has completely gone. I was told that it can be hardly
repaired (Leica itself does not repair them any more).  Is it true
according to your experience?  If so, what should I do with it?   Shall I
bargain it for an R7 body? I read the R8 is not a great deal, is it a fake?
Is the R7 a fake too? If I want a Leica body equipped with a AE (so not a
fully manual R6.2 which is anyway amazing), which one would be the best deal?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to make this equipment worth
(consider that I am keeping other lenses that would form my own equipment).

Thanks for having accepted me in your group, it is a new world for me.
Have a great time to everybody.

Andrea (male name in Italy - I am italian)