Subject: [Leica] 135/4 lens vulcanite
From: "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:46:55 -0400

Group,

Took delivery today of a chrome 135/4 Elmar.  The glass is in superb shape
but the vulcanite is suffering a bit.  A small patch is missing with
evidence of ACC (superglue) having been used around the edge of the missing
patch to secure the remaining vulcanite.  The stuff is quite brittle and
lifting from other places on the lens.

Ideas/suggestions as to how to keep the rest of it from coming
off?  Several liberal applications of Neatsfoot oil/similar to try to get
it less brittle and hope for the best from there?

Thanks!

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

The miles were good but the mileage is turnin' my hair grey
Met some people who knew me and called me friend
Ain't no sense in wantin' my life to live over
I'd find different ways to make those same mistakes again.
                                                 Tom T Hall

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] 135/4 lens vulcanite)