Subject: RE: [Leica] bokars
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:51:13 -0400

Depth of field at 1.0 for a 50mm lense at, 30 feet is 6', and at 10 feet is
around 7"...  It "appears" to me that the DOF in your pictures is quite a
bit more than that, but it is really tough to see on web images so you may
very well shot them at 1.0.

I guess I expected much more OOF...but probably because your camera to
subject distance was somewhat large that it really doesn't end up that
OOF...

There also appears to be slight vignetting in the lower corners but not the
upper... that could just be how the scene was...

Great tonality, the autos are quite nice too!

BTW, here's a DOF calculator:

http://www.darkroom.com/Images/DOFCalc.html

I believe Leica uses a .025mm COC for their DOF calculations, and others use
the 0.033mm...hence, the differing DOF scales on their lenses.