Subject: Re: [Leica] wide R
From: Akhil Lal <alal@duke.poly.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:27:56 -0400 (EDT)

The 28 I mentioned is the shift lens. If you are going to get one, and
only one, R wideangle lens this is the one to get IMHO. It is excellent.
Despite the lack of an auto diaphgram it can be used as a general purpose
WA without too much difficulty.

I also have the old 28 mm elmarit R, but not the new one so I can't
comment on any optical improvements. Perhaps another LUG'er can comment ?