Subject: RE: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 19:59:43 -0400

> I do not know how the "grinding a chamfer" idea got started

In my opinion, unless you are a very experienced machinist as well as a
crack camera disassembler/reassembler...that is a job best left alone...

> but I was
> planning on adding material.

I believe you're asking for trouble there...unless you can guarantee the
material will never come off, and get into your shutter and damage
it...under any heat or cold conditions...  Also, the area between the rail
and the film gate is VERY thin, so adding material there will be quite
difficult.