Subject: Re: [Leica] close up work
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 11:09:31 -0600

As you are to far away to kick I guess help is my only option. For a good
introduction to the Visoflex world go to:

http://elshaw.tripod.com/

The Visoflex is designed to give reflex viewing with its own lenses. If you
put on a regular M lens, you will get extreme magnification due to the
Visoflex acting like a very large extension tube. Basically the only focal
length shorter than 125 which will focus to infinity on a Visoflex is the
65/3.5. Longer lenses require greater extension to get higher magnifications
so get an old Hektor and try that. You will need adapters to get it to
infinity focus but it will give lower magnification than your fifty. It is
both very cheap and very good when stopped down.

John Collier