Subject: RE: Tri-X 320...extended sensitivity in the shadows? Was- RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V20 #217
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 15:32:32 -0400

> KODAK TRI-X Pan Professional Film has a longer toe on its
> characteristic curve
> than KODAK TRI-X Pan Film. The longer toe  results in superior
> shadow detail
> when you use exposure equipment and techniques that minimize flare.

I'm not buyin' it.  I've shot thousands and thousands of rolls of
both...perhaps it's that I don't "use exposure equipment and techniques that
minimize flare"...just WHAT does that mean anyway?

Are there any actual published tests that show this "superior" shadow
detail?

> TRI-X Pan Professional Film also has a coating
> on the base
>  side which makes retouching possible.

That WAS the primary reason for using it.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: Tri-X 320...extended sensitivity in the shadows? Was- RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V20 #217)
Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: Tri-X 320...extended sensitivity in the shadows? Was- RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V20 #217)