Subject: [Leica] Chemical re-use
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:44:43 -0700

Okay, I'd like to step through this again.

For development of film now, not paper, what chemistry can I re-use?

I'm using Xtol at 1:1 for most things, 1:0 for Illford 3200 shot at 1600. Can I simply pour back the
developer into the bottle? That sounds.....iffy.....to me. I'll be continually weakening the
solution.

Stop bath has an indicator so it seems like that is safe to re-use.

Fixer?

I appreciate the suggestions everyone has been making - I'm just trying to understand the parameters
better. The idea of working hard to make good negatives and them screwing them up because I was
cheap on chemicals bothers me. But I don't like to throw away money - how else can I afford to buy
another M6?

Thanks everyone.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Chemical re-use)