Subject: RE: [Leica] Compendium Review
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 23:20:14 -0400

> Whatever
> is a "Piezo
> print"

Well, then you really can't criticize scanning and digital output without
having looked at digital output done on a decent scanner, and printed on a
decent system, now can you?  That would be like saying all MF cameras suck
because you used a Seagull...

> and, in the end, who gives a hoot?

Er, people who care about image quality!

> The bottom line is that chemistry beats digital around 85 to 1 at the
> moment.  Or is that 185:1?

But it doesn't.  That's where you are entirely mistaken.

> When digital can hold its sorry head up in public, I'll consider it an
> honourable source.

That has already happened, it's just you aren't paying attention!

> In the meantime, it is a sorry second adopted
> by losers.

Scanning film and printing digitally can easily be an equal to chemical
printing, whether you know it or not, or believe it or not...it is!

Such asinine statements really are cause for not taking you seriously.  I
don't care if you've had a bad day or not, but telling someone they are
"losers" and that something one spends the better part of their creative
life doing is "a sorry second" is all absolutely uncalled for and way out of
line!  Marc, you are truly ignorant on this topic!