Subject: Re: [Leica] New 50/2.8 Elmar question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 17:45:21 -0600

The answer is No and Yes. The rear of the optical unit has the three small
mounting tabs just like the old collapsible lenses but they have added a
plastic protector which prevents it from mounting in the accessories you
mentioned below. The good news, curtsey of Leica-User Noel Chartuck (sp?),
is that you can gently pry the plastic protector off and then it will work
just fine. As long as you are careful, you will not damage the plastic
protector. This lens has been discontinued as I believe it was a slow
seller. Too bad.

John Collier