Subject: Re: [Leica] M5?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 09:05:49 -0600

The early M5 cameras suffer from cracked main shutter rollers. I think parts
are still available but the shutter has to be completely disassembled to
replace them (expensive). If the work has been done, the camera should be
otherwise fine. Regular CLAs are no help in preventing the problem.

John Collier