Subject: RE: [Leica] NOw OT Contax, was Leica filters, by Leica?
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:33:38 +0200

"The lenses are produced in Japan, under license.  As far as I know, none
(Contax)
are produced in Germany."

AFAIK my 15mm f:8 Hologon for Contax G is designed and manufacured in
Germany . Some other for Contax Reflex are too manufactured in Germany. But,
what's the matter where a lens is produced, if the lens is really a good
one? Another question my cartesian mind cannot understand  why a Hologon for
Contax is worth $2.000 and similar Hologon in M mount never sells under
$5000 ; they are in fact same lens, aren't they?

Kind regards

Félix