Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica filters, by Leica?
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:54:21 -0700

Years ago I had a "Zeiss" Softar filter that lasted less than two years
before it deteriorated. The plastic became milky in spots and hairline
cracks developed.
Then I discovered that Vivitar makes the same type of diffusion filter, with
dimples. As long as the filter is used to diffuse the image, why spend a
fortune?
The best diffusion filters I have found are the "black mash" type. I
purchased several from B&H.

Joe Codispoti