Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IS going digital
From: "John B" <e.brackenbury@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:02:51 +0200

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <Summicron1@aol.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 1:02 PM
Subject: [Leica] Leica IS going digital

Hey you guys, look what just showed up on the Leica web site:

Tokyo, July 24, 2001  Leica Camera AG of Solms, Germany, and Matsushita
Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. of Osaka, Japan, better known for its
Panasonic brand products,  .....

Ten or so years ago I worked as a service engineer servicing professional and top end consumer audio equipment.  Of all the brands I worked on, Panasonic, National, Matsushita was by far the worst re qc & design.  Nice boxes but the stuff inside was crap.  I would never buy nor recommend any Matsushita product, with or without a leica badge on it.  I hope for Leica's sake that things have changed in the last 10 years.

John B