Subject: Re: [Leica] digital M
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 12:10:00 -0400

Mxsmanic <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Mark Rabiner writes:
>
>> I'm sure the chips and sensors are going to get
>> better and better logarithmically.
>
> No doubt. But today you can profit from finer grain, higher
> resolution, and higher sensitivity just by changing the film
> in your camera. With digital cameras, though, you'll have
> to buy a new body. So instead of spending eight dollars,
> you'll spend $3600.

I suspect what has some of us excited by the prospect of a digital Leica
isn't so much the camera itself, at least not the first iteration of it, but
the fact that Leica is evidently paying attention to what's going on in the
photographic world and thus is far less likely to be left high & dry when
the large scale shift to digital imaging takes place.

- -Dave-

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] digital M)
Message from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] digital M)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] digital M)