Subject: Re: [Leica] Leaking shutter curtain in a IIIf
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:24:52 -0600

Unfortunately, that will be an expensive repair: John Van Stelton tells me
that he pretty much has to remove every last screw to replace the shutter
curtains. He charges about $300 and takes a few months to do the job. Larry
Lyells had a quicker technique but it involved reusing part of the old
shutter curtain assembly-probably not a good idea at this late date.

JVS was fabricating curtains out of new material and that probably makes
more sense than finding NOS Leica parts, which are now 40 years old.

I have not seen any really effective means of patching rubberized cloth.

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Leaking shutter curtain in a IIIf)
Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Leaking shutter curtain in a IIIf)