Subject: [Leica] LUG: Camera
From: "Chris Quinn" <cquinn@mail.sjcsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:10:58 -0600

Filson (www.filson.com) does, as BD pointed out, make extremely sturdy
stuff. I have two wool jackets, two pair of trousers and a couple of their
hats. If Leica worked with wool and cotton....

I whole-heartedly recommend Filson to anyone who spends time outside in any
sort of questionable weather. Two years ago I spent over an hour digging my
VW bus out of the driveway, most of it lying in a nasty combination of warm
snow & cold mud, wearing my Filson Mackinaw Cruiser jacket. When I was done
digging, I stood up and brushed myself off. Not only was the jacket not
dirty, but it wasn't even wet, and I was dry & warm. Amazing garments.

The link to the bag BD referenced is
http://smtp2.thewwwstore.com/filson/230.htm; I've also looked at the jacket
http://smtp2.thewwwstore.com/filson/66.HTM as a good carrying jacket: room
for lenses & bodies & holders for film (12 gauge film).... The waxed cotton
fabric looks really crisp when new, but quickly wears in & looks like it's
been around for years without losing any of its resilience. Good camoflage
stuff for your Leica gear. Of course, you'll end up standing around talking
to Filson Users Group members when you run into them on the street....

No, I'm not affiliated with Filson, except for the sums of money they've
taken from me in return for garments I'll never give up.

CQ

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] LUG: Camera)