Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: cleaning...
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:27:18 -0400

> At 10:51 PM 7/15/01 -0500, brad daly wrote:
>according to the residual oil remover bottle, leica actually uses ROR.
>i've used the stuff, and it seems great.

Brenda Olesin was using RoR at last month's Leica Day here.  I believe she
cuts it with water though.

She _also_ uses a can of compressed air quite liberally.  This surprised me
a bit.  I'll do so as well from time to time, but always keeping the can a
good distance from the lens, and never using the little nozzle hose
attachment.  Brenda was doing the opposite, which I'd always heard is a good
way of forcing dust into the lens' internal elements.

Dan