Subject: RE: [Leica] Should I buy a Noctilux?
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 22:48:05 -0400

>   So more often than not I end up using the Noctilux at f/2 or
> f/1.4.  A lot of photographers like the black corner effect with
> B&W film and see this as an advantage but I prefer to burn in the
> corners in the darkroom when I choose to do so.

I've wondered about this, specifically in reference to Stephen Holloway's
fine use of the Noct (see www.deepturtle.com): he seems to shoot it wide
open (at least the DOF is incredibly shallow) but there's no evidence of
vignetting in the corners.  Has he cleaned it up in photoshop, found another
way around it, or is he shooting at higher apertures?  Stephen?

Dan

Replies: Reply from "stephen holloway" <stephen.holloway@balcab.ch> (Re: [Leica] Should I buy a Noctilux?)