Subject: RE: [Leica] 1st Time Handling an M6
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 07:37:02 -0400

> On my AF cameras I set it so the middle sensor is the only active one. I
> focus over that sensor, then recompose. Same thing with the M6 - focus
> the subject, recompose.
>
> Is this the normal way of doing things, or am I missing something?

On an M6, it is the _only_ way of focusing.

I've heard many other folks say the 90 apo focus ring is stiff.  There
probably is some sample variation, too.  The focusing ring on my 75 summilux
is nice and easy, but I've heard a lot of compaints about this one, too.

Dan (who spends a lot of time (and $$$!) at that Abbey on Georgia Ave.)