Subject: Re: [Leica] have a beer, everyone
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 17:12:53 -0600

The evil mosquitoes tend to rather thick on the ground in Edmonton too
(thankfully not this year). I find DEET very effective though you have to be
careful not to get it on any plastic camera parts. It also has the side
effect of repelling unwanted suitors as well:-). My funniest bug experience
was when a friend of mine came home from a business trip and dragged me off
on an "old farm building in canola" photo safari. We got about half way
through the field before we were completely overwhelmed by mosquitoes and a
host of other as yet unclassified bugs. One week later I will still finding
them nestled in various nooks and crannies of my body. Ever since then I do
not do sentimental rural scenic photography. Just a small part of my
aesthetic development

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> ([Leica] WAS:have a beer, NOW: damn mosquitos! ;-))