Subject: [Leica] Golden Touch Camera Repair/Leica USA service
From: AppleMac97@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:53:30 EDT

Sherry K has CLA'd two Leicaflex SL cameras for me in the last year.  I too
have been very pleased with the quality of the work.

On a related note, Leica USA in NJ recently CLA'd two Leica M3 camera bodies
for me.  I had bought them at bargain prices because they were in "user"
condition.  One was a 1954 M3 DS, and the other one a 1961 M3 SS.  The
peeling vulcanite was replaced on both bodies, and the shutters repaired
along with the CLA.  I was absolutely stunned when I got them back!  I had
sent them two ugly and dirty camera bodies.  I got back two M3's that looked
better than my new M6 TTL!  I love the M3 viewfinder!  It is a joy to use
with the 50mm lens, and makes it so much easier to focus the 90mm and 135mm
lenses.  Of course, I have to use a separate handheld meter, but after taking
an area reading, I have learned to adjust for minor lighting differences.  I
am beginning to appreciate why the M3 has such a loyal following among Leica
enthusiasts.

Sincerely,

Muhammad R.K. Chishty, Ph.D
Associate Professor of Finance