Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm Summilux
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:42:55 -0600

I do not think the 50/1.4 ever had a focusing tab. The focusing ring was
scalloped in the early lenses but by 1968 the mount had been changed to the
serrated design of focusing ring. LHSA has an online (edited) version of an
article on the 50/1.4. Go to:

http://www.lhsa.org/

and select: "Viewfinder". Then scroll down and search the "Volume 31 No. 3,
1998" menu.

John Collier

My apologies for the Leica content, please go back to your regularly
scheduled programming.

Replies: Reply from Bob Walkden <bob@web-options.com> (Re[2]: [Leica] 50mm Summilux)