Subject: [Leica] Re: Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:38:01 -0700

At 09:40 AM 7/11/01 -0400, Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video wrote:

>Depends on which conflict, perhaps. Personally, I am <damned proud> to
>have stood against the VietNam conflict during the tumultuous late '60s
>and early '70s. We were lied to from the Tonkin Gulf incident to the last
>day, from the President on down. I'd think the publication of the Pentagon
>papers would have made that clear decades ago. Further, the draft then in
>place was blatantly skewed to favor richer, white, middle and upper class
>boys at the expense of poorer, economically disadvantaged and people of color.
>
>MY OPINION, not my employer's!
>
>hp

Henry, Henry, Henry...

You are a smart guy. But perhaps not smart enough to know what NOT to
discuss on photo e-mail lists.

What I am surprised at, is your LUG name. Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video. It
seems like you are advertising that what you say on the LUG is the position
of B&H Photo-Video.

This seems a bit two faced as it wasn't but a day ago, on the Hasselblad
list, you made a very derogatory remark about our current administration,
the U.S. constitution, and the law of our land. Pissing off a hellova lot
of folks. Then claimed that it was your opinion, not the opinion of B&H
Photo-Video. And now you say it again.

So here you are on this well seasoned list, with a "B&H Photo-Video" banner
hanging out in everyone's face, whether they want to read your posts or not.

Is this a subtile form of spam Henry?

I pray that you will not be so brazen as to show your/your store's
political colors here, and have a few hundred more loyal B&H Photo-Video
customers suddenly decide to shop elsewhere. Like I, and many others, did
from yesterday's disgusting [OT] post. Perhaps it is too late. Calumet is a
wonderful on-line store. Free shipping in most cases. Super easy to
navigate web site. They've certainly "now" got me 100% for on-line and
phone shopping.

One should never forget that these photography lists are made up of folks
from all persuasions and all walks of life. With a common interest. Yes,
amazingly enough, photography and cameras.

Henry, you cannot separate yourself from "B&H Photo-Video" after the fact.
By advertising with every post, to the 1000's of LUG and HUG folks, you ARE
"B&H Photo-Video."

Jim