Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V20 #140
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:08:48 EDT

In a message dated 7/10/01 12:09:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

> I think that this month-long trip traveling the Oregon Trail with my
children
>  is just about the best thing I have ever done. I know I will never have
time
>  do it again. They are older now and interested in other things. And seeing
>  those thousands of people at the end of the trail, who didn't seem to care
>  about it at all, was an amazing re-entry into modern life.

- -----------------
Brian,

I live in Oregon and travel the state in my free time. You had an unfortunate
experience. However, based on my own adventures, I found Oregonians very
conscious of their traditions and love of outdoor life.

In general, I would avoid commercial events, whatever their label. They draw
their own crowd, quite different from folks who really live a frontier-like
life in the outback of our state.

If you visit our mountain country don't forget to bring along one of those
splendid classic 135mm Leitz lenses. That lens is made for Oregon.

Best,
Bob Rosen