Subject: Re: [Leica]Leicas spotted on the BIG screen....
From: "clive sanbrook" <clive.sanbrook@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:42:16 +0100

Keep meaning to mention a film (out on video) called ' a month by the lake'
with Edward Fox and Vanessa Redgrave - a light and humorous love story set
on Lake Como (Italy) in 1937.

Vanessa plays a lady photographer with what looks like a Leica with separate
viewfinder and a collapsible lens. and a TLR - interesting to speculate what
the Leica should have been (IIIf ?) and needs somebody with keen eyesight to
say what was used in film.

One shot shows Vanessa closing the hotel room shutters ready to do some
printing !!
Presumably very tight fitting for no light fogging ;-))

At least it adds a bit of extra interest to the film - worth a look if you
can find it.

Regards

Clive