Subject: Re: [Leica] For sale Friday. Focomat V35 et al.
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:26:20 -0400

Friday for sale:

Focomat V35 with 40mm/2,8 Focotar, and new glassless negative carrier
(24x36)
This is the newer model with the current lampholder, and comes with the
variable contrast head.
I can send photos to interested parties. It is in near mint condition-
baseboard is clean and sound.
$950 + shipping.for the LUG.
Also:
Focomat Ia autofocus enlarger-
This one has been professionally rewired, the baseboard has been lightly
sanded and refinish- no easel, though.
This is a partial restoration- I don't have the DOORX extension ring (KEH
has one for $10), and I was outbid trying to get a negative carrier, but
otherwise, this is a nice user Leitz enlarger. I rebuild and restore Leitz
enlargers as a labor of love, but She Who Must Be Obeyed says I have too
many in the spare bedroom, so consider this an inventory clearance sale!!
This is a deal at $125 + shipping!

Focomat Ic Autofocus Enlarger-
This is a fully rewired Focomat- it was the older style Color enlarger with
the voltage control rheostat, but that was not on the enlarger when I got
it. However, the enlarger has been professionally rewired to meet modern
standards!
It includes a very nice easel (8x10), and the DOORX extension ring. I have
the 50mm/4,5 Focotar with it, but even though it is relatively clean, I
would suggest a trip to Sherry just to make it perfect- there is a bit of
haze in it.
This one is otherwise complete with the red filter, the two autofocus detent
markers, the internally lit enlargement scale, and both the 24x36 and a
Minox 8x11 negative carrier. The baseboard is in great shape, and photos can
be provided for the interested party. It includes both a manual for the
regular Focomat, and a copy of the Focomat Color Ic manual. This one has the
extra long 48" column, and is as heavy or heavier than the V35. Rock solid
and in great shape!
This one is $500 + shipping.

I was an eletronics technician in the Navy, and so am familiar with what we
called 'primary power'- I have rewired the older enlargers using UL approced
wiring, and they have been tested thoroughly. Since they are wired through
the column into the baseboard, I have to partially dis-assemble to ship, but
will include detailed instructions on setting them up.

Thanks!
Dan Post
dpost@triad.rr.com