Subject: [Leica] Leica slide projectors and CF lenses
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:38:18 -0400

So... I'm beginning to realize that if I really want to know what I've
wrought when shooting chromes, I need to project 'em instead of
squinting at them with a loupe.  So I'm looking at the Leica slide
projector line.  The new Carousel-style RT line certainly seem
well-implemented (ex$pensive, of course) but... looking at the glossy
Leica-system brochure-book thing, I don't see any curved-field lenses
listed for that line.  Am I missing something (they're there but I'm
not recognizing them), or do Leica assume that we'll mount absolutely
every slide in glass, or have curved-field lenses somehow gone out of
fashion, as if Leica have decided they don't actually achieve their
stated purpose?

Oh, and... there's this thing for the Kodak Carousel projectors, the
"stack loader", which allows you to drop in a stack of slides to view
rather than having to put them all into a round tray.  Is there some
facility of the sort for the Leica RT projectors?  Is ripping through
a raw stack of chromes easier with the "classic" (Pnnn) projectors?