Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: Heliopan Circular Polarizer Filter
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:00:43 -0700

At 11:07 AM 7/2/01 -0500, Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com wrote:
>Thank you Jim for your help.
>
>I did go to the Schneider web site who is the distributor for B&W filters in
>the US, and they actually list a Kasemann in both Linear and Circular,
>showing two different part numbers. It sounds like the Kasemann is the more
>durable filter as far as moisture and dust.
>
>I do remember reading that Kasemann translates to "encased".

Thanks, I didn't realize that Kaesemann wer5e available in circular design
as well.

Kaesemann filters are the best available in both durability and flatness.
B+W claims that their Kaesemann filters are guaranteed optically flat and
worthy of use on tele lenses where optical flatness and parallel optical
surfaces are of utmost importance.

Jim