Subject: RE: [Leica] The Rumour Mill
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:39:54 +0200

"Sony paid BIG bucks to get the "Carl Zeiss" imprint on their lenses.  This
benefited both corporations immensely.

Canon and Cosina may do as they wish, but these lenses are NOT "Carl Zeiss"
unless they are so marked.  The Germans know THIS much about marketing!
(The smarter marketing sorts were the ones who went to the Western Zone in
'45!)

If the East Germans were still in business, sure, I'd believe anything, as
those guys were dupes.  But I have more faith in Oberkochen that THIS!

CDI is wrong.  Yet once again."

I'm reading Chasseur d'Images many years ago. I know them very well .Someone
gave  a opinion from them but did not quote exactly the content. And you
based on this opinion have said they are wrong again. What a nice exemple of
rigor and accuracy. BTW is not Matshusita trying to license Leica lenses for
their digital toys?
Kind regards

Félix