Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 flare help
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 06:30:41 -0400

> - Cover the RF window with your finger (Are you sure you covered the right
> window: the one with the vertical bevels? This usually does the trick.)

The middle window with the vertical bevels is actually the _framelines_
window (the rangefinder window is the smallest one to the far left when
facing the camera).

And, indeed, it is the framelines window that is the source of the problem.
In my experience, covering it with a finger is hit or miss--sometimes works,
sometimes doesn't (I have small fingers, though).

What _always_ works is to cover the entire window with a piece of black
tape.  You lose the flare but you also lose the framelines.  So I keep the
piece of tape on the back of my M6 and only put it over the frames window
when there's no other way around the the flare.

Dan