Subject: Re: [Leica] Mosquitoes
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 18:25:08 +0800

>The only people who know mosquitoes better than
>Maritimers are Newfoundlanders. Right Greg?
>
>Steve Patriquen
>London (born and bred in the Maritimes)

Not so sure about that. Right now I have Anopheles and Aedes breeding in my
backwaters. The former transmits malaria and the latter transmits dengue
haemorrhagic fever, both of which are potentially fatal diseases. Surely
one would have heard of the dreaded blackwater fever which knocked off a
fair number of white settlers in the tropics to reckon the magnitude of
what these little insects can do.

Dan K.