Subject: [Leica] Tri-X -- was M Purity/B&W
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 21:09:26 +0200

>  >
>>  So do I.  But the film is so grainy that cropping is out of the
>>  question, and
>>  fine details are usually invisible.
>
>How do you develop it?  Please be precise.  Also, how large are you printing
>that this is causing you a 'problem'?

Yes, this guy has a problem, but for sure, it is not Tri-X.  It is
how he uses Tri-X.
Trying to get this film fine grain makes it muddy. You'll have to
learn to love grain.

BTW, I do not miss APX 25, now discontinued, it was so fine grained
it was unsharp. I have about ten rolls 35 mm in the freezer and I
will give them away for free to anybody who pays the postage from
Hamburg, Germany.

Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist