Subject: Re: [Leica] opinions on this deal
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:40:22 -0600

For $100 I would get the passport warranty. My beloved daughter attempted to
murder my M6TTL and Leica fixed it for free. My warranty is more than paid
for already and I have two years to go (or two years to get my daughter out
of the house!).

The M6TTL has had some circuit board problems (especially in early cameras)
and Leica has been very good about fixing the problems. I would not send a
M6TTL camera to anyone who was not trained on them. Just removing the top
plate without an anti-static strap could toast the electronics. After all it
just $33.33 a year!

John Collier