Subject: RE: [Leica] Home depot and the rest
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 16:58:58 -0400

> For a cop to say "I saw him speeding" is not hearsay.

I said that wrong.  They cop that saw you speeding is NOT the one who shows
up in court.  They just have one cop handle all the tickets for that
barracks...and that cop that shows up has no firsthand knowledge of your
offense, and therefore it IS hearsay.

> Are you sure that speeding tickets in Massachusetts are really "Civil"?

Er, yes.  That is why I said it.  There used to just be two boxes next to
the infraction, criminal and civil.  Now, they added a separate section on
the bottom for speeding, and it clearly states "Civil Speeding" as the
heading for that section, and has lines for posted, actual etc...

> If trespassing were not criminal, how would you propose to deal
> with someone
> who decided to pitch their tent in your front yard?

Their picture would appear on milk cartons.

BTW, I would suggest you invoke your spell checker.  You don't spell so good
;-)

Replies: Reply from "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net> (Re: [Leica] Home depot and the rest)
Reply from Michael Gardner <mlgardner99@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Home depot and the rest)