Subject: RE: [Leica] Resolution vs. Contrast?
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 07:55:46 -0400

> Now the fun part--which lens do you think might take better pictures
> (especially wide open), and why?  I'm curious how this crude but easily
> done test translates to "look."

I'm tempted to say the one with better contrast, as (to my eyes) an image
with higher contrast and lower resolution is more appealing than vice-versa.
But you can always tinker with contrast in the darkroom, by filtering
through magenta and/or using a higher contrast paper; not so with
resolution--true?  In which case, you might be better off shooting with the
sharper lens and printing for greater contrast.

Dan