Subject: Re: [Leica] do i deserve to own this leica???
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 00:35:26 +0200

From Peter A. Klein and others
>I think having self-doubt is a sign that you want to grow.
- ----------------------
I think there is too much rationalization about self-doubt.  At least
in photography self-doubt cannot kill you.

Try a hefty dose of it when rock climbing.  Its called ledge grip.  The
climber gets a panic attack and doubts he can make the next phase.  He
can neither go up nor down.  Somebody else has to go up and get him.

I once sailed into a tight anchorage in Greece.  A barran island with
an abandoned village.  Next morning I couldn't get my anchor up because
I started to shake all over.  I was there for about three weeks totally
unable to get my act together and get out of there.  Eventually another
yacht came in and I followed it out.

There is no growth involved.  It can happen any time, again and again.
No explanation.  Could be what was eaten for breakfast, or a bad dream.
 Who knows?

So Kyle, if you have read this far, you will realise I have no advice
for you. :-)

Alan