Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos at the mall
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <SonC@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:11:06 -0500

There was a time in another life that I did lots of TV
commercials, and among them, Malls.  One of the things I
found out is that there are people who make their living as
what the Mall Management types call "trippers."

We always had several security guys with us, helping to tape
down any stray power cable or  watching that no one bumped
into the light stands or tripods.  It seems that these
"trippers" would purposely injure themselves so they could
reach an out-of-court settlement with no publicity.

Perhaps  the fear of personal injury suits against someone
falling on a tripod  drives some of this photo security.

Regards,

SonC
http://www.sonc.com