Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lone Cypress trademark
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:23:43 -0700

Rob McElroy wrote: in part:
>>> If I do travel to northern California with my fully outfitted
daguerreotype
> van, I will make a daguerreotype of the Lone Cypress and I will not obey
> any yo-yo in a uniform who tells me to stop.   He will have to arrest and
> formally charge me with an offense to get me to move.

> You might be able to tell, I have a certain disdain for authoritative
figures who try and control
> my behavior just because they "think" they have the authority to, by the
mere fact they are
> wearing a badge.   If I break a law by photographing a tree - tell me what
it is; cite the specific > statute; and charge me with the crime.  I will
eagerly await that day in court.<<<<<

Now now Rob,
Breathe deep, be calm and relaxed other wise you'll be all nerve tight and
shake the damn camera! ;-)

And if you know before hand the day you'll shoot the tree and rock, please
give enough lead-time for a bunch of us to arrive at the site and capture
the arresting spectacle, as it would make a great Leica gang click!;-)

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant