Subject: [Leica] How I opened a virus attachment
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:33:04 +0200

From: Marc James Small
> When you receive an attachment, delete it.

A few month ago I stumbled on a link calling for a reunion of ex
service comrades.  It was to a web page from my old group and it
contained a list of at least seventy email addresses of people I knew
very well but had lost contact with.

It was fantastic.  I was brought up todate with what everybody was
doing etc. and we exchanged literally hundreds of photographs via email
attachments.

I got careless.  Embedded among all those fotos was the dreaded MTX
virus.  Took me two weeks to collect the software to clean out my PC.

Alan

Replies: Reply from Tom Christiansen <tomchr@softhome.net> (Re: [Leica] How I opened a virus attachment)