Subject: [Leica] somewhat OT: seeking film/devo combination reference
From: Michael Waldron <Michael@cadogan.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 13:56:00 -0400

Dear LUG:

I have been photographing for some time and gone through some film/devo
combinations.  I used tri-x in HC-110 for 35, 6x6 and 4x5 for a long
time.  I also used d-76 with 35mm TX, but finally settled on Rodinal
1:50.  Then I stopped using 35mm for some time.  I subsequently switched to
T-max 100 in XTOL for medium and large format, but didn't really like it
for 35, because it is sort of too smooth.  I am now using tri-x in XTOL for
35 which I like.

I have read a number of helpful film/devo posts.  The point of this post is
that I am looking for some type of reference book, if such a thing exists,
showing the grain, curve, of various combinations with some exemplary
images of what can be done.  I would find a catalog of the "look" of
various combos helpful in exploring some options for myself.  FWIW, I use
M2 for environmental portraits in and outdoors.  However, I just started
using it with strobes inside, which is fun (very mobile with remote trigger).

Thanks for any help you can give,

Michael Waldron