Subject: [Leica] Re: Why does it cost more for USA Leicas than grey market
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 08:34:32 -0700

At 08:21 PM 6/4/01 -0500, Birkey wrote:

>So.... Ted......  I'm thinking about buying a 15mm, what kind of filter
>should I get to protect the front element ????
>
>Duane Birkey

I know you are joking Duane...  :)

And as you probably know, the only filter that will work on the front of a
15mm lens, is the lens cap.

What a sales tragedy this is. Who would pay $4000-$6000 for a lens, with a
very large outrageously expensive protruding front element, and NOT be
allowed to photograph through a windshield. Jeez. What could
Leitz/Leica/Zeiss be thinking! The horror of it all!

That aside, I had and used a 15mm Super-Elmar for many many years.
O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G lens!!! The reason I sold it is that the work I did
with my R cameras I now do with my Hasselblad. It's M only for 35mm for me.

Jim

[NO UV]