Subject: Re: [Leica] Movement of Aperture Ring on Summicron-M 90 APO
From: "Anthony" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 00:01:14 +0200

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Mine is all work no play which i believe is
> all should tolerate from a lens.

I made the mistake of reading this before going to sleep.  Now I'm going to be
in a poor mood until I get this resolved.

> Someones going to have to pry it off your camera
> out of your hands to bring it in to be I'm sure
> quickly fixed.

Should it be _fixed_ or _replaced_?  It is only a few days old.  I have no
experience with Leica repair specifically, but my general experience is that the
only place that knows how to assemble or adjust anything correctly is the
factory, and a service organization invariably does at best a so-so job.  Also,
it seems that every time something is disassembled for service, it's going to be
a little more worn out than it would be otherwise just from the wear and tear of
the service, and that seems like a significant loss for a lens that is literally
brand-new out of the box (and that cost 2100 euros besides).

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Movement of Aperture Ring on Summicron-M 90 APO)