Subject: [Leica] problems with a new M6 TTL
From: "Carleton, Sam" <Sam.Carleton@FMR.COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:39:26 -0400

Well, I have had my M6 TTL .58 for coming up on four weeks now.  Today
something very strange was happening.  When I pulled the camera out to
shoot, the light meter was not working.  I have been leaving the camera in
the OFF position when it is in my bag.  After about twenty images the light
meter started to work again.  Then I put the flash on and the light meter
stopped working again.

It is my understanding that the TTL does not work when the camera has no
batteries, but I thought that the camera would still sync the flash.  When
the light meter was not working, the flash simply would not fire.  I am
using a Metz 32Z-2.

Has anyone seen this before?  Is there something I am doing wrong or does
the camera need to go back to Leica and get looked at?

Sam

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] problems with a new M6 TTL)