Subject: [Leica] RE: film tape glue flash
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 13:40:50 -0700

In order for the flash from the tape to in any way fog your film, you would
have to have film with a 10,000,000 ISO.

And it is "not" static electricity. It is atoms giving off light energy
(electron valence jump) when the glue molecules are ripped apart. This is
"electroluminescence" and is caused by the movement of electrons within a
substance from more energetic states to less energetic states, giving off
cold light as the energy medium. It is a minuscule amount.

Jim