Subject: RE: [Leica] No more leicas
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 09:17:02 -0400

> And I still feel that for ultimate precision, nothing beats
> careful autofocus, spot metering, and auto-bracketing.

You're kidding, right?  I agree with the spot metering (if you know how to
use it that is), but certainly not autofocus or auto-bracketing.  I have yet
to see any shots from either the Rollei 6008 or Contax SLRs using
autobracket (even with chrome film)...where the middle shot wasn't the best
of the three...  That says a lot for the Rollei and Contax metering mind
you!

Of course there are 'some' circumstances when AB and AF can be 'useful', but
it depends on what type of photography one is doing...